Honours, Distinctions & Awards
- Conferred PADMA SHRI (2015) - Youngest Surgeon from South India & one of the youngest doctors from India to have been bestowed with one of the highest civilian awards of the land by Sri Pranab Mukherjee, Hon’ble President of India.
- Conferred Edward Kennedy Memorial Award (2015)
- Conferred Fellowship, American College of Surgeons (2014)
- Elected, Governing Council Member, The Association of Surgeons of India (2013-2015)
- Youngest & the only Surgeon from South India to be elected Vice President (2013 – 2014) & President (2015-2017) of the Association of Breast Surgeons of India.
- Youngest ever recipeint of the prestigious Overseas Gold Medal bestowed by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in the 508 years history of the oldest Surgical College in the World (2013).
- Amongst the Five Surgeons from the Indian Subcontinent to be appointed as International Surgical Advisor for the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (2012).
- Addressed TEDx Deccan in Hyderabad on ‘Establishing a benchmark for Breast Healthcare in India’. TED (Technology, Entertainment & Design) is a nonprofit global Organisation devoted to Ideas worth Spreading. TED aims to bring together the world's most fascinating thinkers and doers, who are challenged to give the talk of their lives (2011).
- Founder Honorary Secretary, Association of Breast Surgeons of India (2011 -2013).
- Conferred FRCS (England) without examination by the Royal College of Surgeons of England (2010).
- Amongst the very Surgeons in the World to have obtained FRCS from all Four Royal Colleges in British Isles (2010).
- Awarded Vishal Bharat Ugadi Puraskar by Delhi Telugu Academy (2011).
- Awarded Visishta Ugadi Puraskar (State Award) by Govt. of Andhra Pradesh - India (2010).
- Featured in the Book ‘In pursuit of Passion’, which includes the profiles of 50 icons of change & inspiration from Andhra Pradesh (2010).
- Vocational excellence Award for distinguished service in the field of ‘Breast Oncology’, Rotary Club of Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, India (2009).
- Appointed to serve on the Board of Advocates, American Society of Breast Surgeons, the largest Society in the World that represents Breast Surgeons across America - FIRST & the ONLY Surgeon outside United States of America to be serving on this high profile Committee (2009).
- Singularly responsible for making Hyderabad a centre for Intercollegiate MRCS Exam in India (Membership of Royal College of Surgeons). Convened the Exam in Hyderabad - FIRST time in the 500 years history of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh for the Exam to be held in Telangana & Andhra Pradesh (2008) & then subsequently in 2010, 2012 & 2015.
- Conceived, designed & established INDIAN SUBCONTINENT’s FIRST purpose built free standing comprehensive Centre for Breast Health, Hyderabad (2007).
- First place, MS (General Surgery) Postgraduate Examination, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore (1995).
Contribution to Academics
- Contributed a Chapter on Breast Surgery in the forthcoming issue of the prestigious ‘Bailey & Love companion guide’(2015)
- Contributed EIGHT Chapters in Two Text Books of Surgery & a Chapter in ‘Recent advances in Surgery’- a popular series edited by I. Taylor & C.D. Johnson. Published in peer reviewed National and international Journals.
- The driving force behind the formation of Association of Breast Surgeons of India (ABSI) as a Section of ASI. It is the very FIRST organization in the Country that exclusively represents Surgeons practicing Breast Surgery all over India – The Voice for Breast Surgery in India. Elected Founder Honorary Secretary, ABSI (2011).
- Joint Editor, Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology (IJSO) – the Official publication of the Indian Association of Surgical Oncology - IASO (2010- 2014).
- Member, Executive Committee, IASO (2011 – 2012).
- Editorial Secretary, IASO (2009 – 2010) – introduced widely appreciated innovative changes to the structure, design & layout of the IASO Newsletter
- Overseas Coordinator, ASI (2009 – 2012). Proposed and coordinated the formation of UK & Ireland Chapter of ASI – a historic move by the Association to bring together Surgeons of Indian origin and Honorary members of ASI living in the British Isles and encourage them to actively contribute in the academic activities of ASI.
- Overseas Coordinator, Indian Association of Surgical Oncology – IASO (2005 – 2008). Instrumental in bridging closer relationship between IASO and British Association of Surgical Oncology (BASO)
- Organised National & International Conferences, delivered Orations, Invited/Guest Lectures, moderated Symposia/Panel Discussions at Local, Regional, National & International Conferences (2000 – 2013).
- Convenor – Overseas FRCS & MRCS Courses held by Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCS Ed) in Hyderabad (2000 to date). Successfully organized TEN Courses in India – HIGHEST NUMBER of Courses ever to be held by RCS Ed outside United Kingdom. Well over 1500 Surgeons from all over India and abroad attended these Courses and many of them have now passed the FRCS & MRCS Examinations.
- Convenor, Intercollegiate MRCS Examination, Hyderabad (2008, 2010 & 2012) – Responsible for making Hyderabad a Centre for MRCS Examination - FIRST time in the 500 years history of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh for the Examination to be held in Telangana & Andhra Pradesh (2008) & then subsequently in 2010, 2012 & 2015.